Burn permits for the Albion Fire District are to be obtained by contacting
the Albion Fire Chief or the Assistant Fire Chief
RULES GOVERNING BURNING
The fire must be attended to at all times, with sufficient means on hand to control
the burning, until the fire has completely burned out.
Burned brush, logs, and other solid materials must be covered with earth or thoroughly saturated with water before the attendant
leaves the site.
2. An area sufficient to prevent communication of fire beyond the burning site must be cleared before burning.
3. There will be no burning when wind conditions exceed 15 miles per hour or any other conditions which may exist to cause a hazardous situation.
4. An authorized Fire Department personnel or any Law Enforcement Officer can conduct an on-site inspection and may terminate this permit at any time.
5. When a local ban on burning is put into effect by the Fire Chief, the permit will automatically be voided until such a ban is removed.
6. Open burning will be allowed during daylight hours only, and must be completely extinguished by sunset.
7. Absolutely no burning of garbage, treated lumber, or other items that may be harmful to the environment is allowed or authorized by this permit.
8. Any fire, which is allowed to get out of control and results in summoning of the Fire Department, can be subject to possible legal action.
Nebraska State Statute 81-520.01